Here is a new page for Resources and FAQ to help you navigate your spiritual and family life during this time. We will be posting more information here, on our parish Facebook page, and on our app as it becomes available.
Based on current guidelines from local public health departments, the Archdiocese of Chicago has mandated the suspension of ALL liturgical services (including Mass) and system-wide closure of all Catholic schools until further notice. However, our rectory and school staff are available via email and school is still in session.
March 28: Fr. Neil on staying safe, sane, and spiritual
March 21: Video Message from Fr. Neil
March 14: Ms. Deanne Roy’s message to school families regarding e-learning.
March 13: Fr. Neil Fackler’s message to the parish RE Covid 19.
- ABC7 will broadcast Sunday Mass from Holy Name Cathedral celebrated by Cardinal Blase Cupich at 9:30AM. It will also be available on their Youtube channel Saturdays at 4PM. Daily Mass will be broadcast via Youtube from St. James Chapel at 10AM.
- Sunday Mass is aired from Mercy Home at 9:30AM on WGN. Check for local listings or view Mass online.
- Daily Mass is aired several times a day on EWTN. Use the “channel finder“ to determine your local station.
- St. Benedict Parish will stream Mass daily, Mon-Sat at 8:30AM and the weekly Vigil Mass every Saturday at 5PM. Check their live-streampage or watch the video on their Facebook page. Each video will be made available for playback within an hour of the initial broadcast.
- Make a Spiritual Communion.
- Use our parish app to access a wealth of Lenten resources, daily Mass readings, prayers, the rosary and more. Download from your smart phone here.
- Request special prayer intentions via the “Prayer Wall” via our app.
- Give Us This Day includes daily Mass texts.
- Phone a “prayer buddy.” Pray together with friends and family via telephone or FaceTime/Skype.
- Request a Prayer Blanket if you are seriously ill or have a family member who becomes ill. We will arrange delivery.
- The Archdiocese of Chicago: www.archchicago.org, provides resources to enrich your personal prayer life and deepen our solidarity with one another as we experience the disruptions caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- City of Chicago: https://www.chicago.gov/city/en/sites/covid-19/home.html
- Center for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
In case of grave illness, contact the Rectory Office at 773-777-2666.
As the situation is rapidly changing, visit the Archdiocese of Chicago website for the most recent information. https://www.archchicago.org/coronavirus
Will the Church be open at all? The church will be closed until further notice per the Archdiocese of Chicago.
Will there be confessions? No confessions will be heard.
What about my Mass intentions? The Cardinal has directed that the priests celebrate Mass privately each day. Fr. Neil will be praying for the intentions of the day at each weekday Mass he celebrates. The Sunday Mass intentions will be rescheduled.
Are there any meetings or choir practices? No. All meetings, practices and social gatherings have been cancelled.
Prayer for a Pandemic by Cameron Bellm
May we who are merely inconvenienced
Remember those whose lives are at stake.
May we who have no risk factors
Remember those most vulnerable.
May we who have the luxury of working from home
Remember those who must choose between preserving their health or making their rent.
May we who have the flexibility to care for our children when their schools close
Remember those who have no options.
May we who have to cancel our trips
Remember those that have no safe place to go.
May we who are losing our margin money in the tumult of the economic market
Remember those who have no margin at all.
May we who settle in for a quarantine at home
Remember those who have no home.
As fear grips our country,
let us choose love.
During this time when we cannot physically wrap our arms around each other,
Let us yet find ways to be the loving embrace of God to our neighbors.